Sunday, December 5, 2010

Facebook - Don't Make Me Hate You

Logged onto VirtueRadioNetwork.com's Facebook page this afternoon to post the following video and got a "verification needed" page requesting my cell phone number. Huh?

I've been logging into the account daily since starting the page a month ago. Now, they want to "verify" me? Whatever...

This kind of thing (Google does it with YouTube) bothers me. Why on earth would a social media account need such personal information? And, why is there no opt-out for people who choose not to provide the information?

Truth be told, I NEVER give out personal information over the Internet. I use various dummy email accounts and 555-555-5555 as a telephone number.

Furthermore, I call BS on the "we need to know you're human" excuse these companies give. Tell the truth and let the consumer decide if they want to be tracked, have their personal information sold or be flooded with SPAM. Then give them a way to "pass."

Rant over.

The video I wanted to share is a vintage CROPPED! (VirtueRadioNetwork.com's online scrapbooking/papercrafting online video tutorials) episode called, How to Take Better Photos. (*The giveaway mentioned at the end is no longer applicable.)



Enjoy!

No comments: